GIGABOX FlexRay Active Star
The FlexRay Active Star is an active star coupler for the FlexRay bus system and is used for the decoupling of communication networks as well as for increasing the maximum wiring length.
The higher transmission rates make the FlexRay bus more prone to errors than CAN bus systems. FlexRay networks are typically carefully balanced in terms of wire lengths, termination, parameters etc.
Whenever another FlexRay device is introduced into such a system, e.g. measurement equipment placed in a car boot, this can lead to additional faults in the FlexRay system. GIGABOX FlexRay Active Star reduces the potential impact on the existing network substantially.
- Three FlexRay ports with 9-pin SUB-D connector (FlexRay-out terminated)
- FlexRay connection with the vehicle network via a 50 cm wire kit with Airbag connector (FlexRay-in not terminated)
- Power supply via 9-pin SUB-D connectors (always on)
- Power supply via 4 mm standard banana plug in a 50 cm wire kit (sleep mode enabled)
- Aluminium body, dimensions: 115 x 85 x 35 mm
- Standby current of less than 230μA (at 13.4 V)
- Intake voltage range from 6 V to 16 V
- 1 status LED
back to products overview